Although news of organizations increasingly favoring automation to reduce costs and gain process efficiencies in their back offices dominates the headlines, outsourcing continues to hold its own in the real estate and facilities management (REFM) function.
In fact, 74% of the buyer respondents to our recently completed annual REFM Pulse survey stated they plan to increase outsourcing usage over the next three to four quarters, and the remaining 26% have no plans to change their levels. And looking 12+ months out, only 16% plan to decrease their usage.
To gain insights into the dynamics of the REFM outsourcing market, several executives from KPMG’s Shared Services and Outsourcing practice sat down with Stan Lepeak for a detailed, two-part discussion.
In this first podcast, Patrice Gilles, Doug Burr, and Clinton Fairbanks, share their views on: