Energy efficiency doesn’t have to be a daunting task. It starts with simple behavioral changes. Working alongside their residential and commercial customers in 48 U.S. states and Canada, Constellation makes the complex world of energy easier to understand and easier to meet sustainability goals. Constellation was an early investor in new technologies and digital transformation, which has allowed a quick pivot in response to COVID-19 challenges.
In conversation with Regina Mayor, KPMG’s Global and U.S. Head of Energy, Jim McHugh, CEO of Constellation, an Exelon company, highlights what had been done both pre- and post-pandemic to assure employee protection, customer relief, and continued community service.
Topics addressed include:
- The importance of robust business continuity plans
- Specific actions taken to keep up to 85% of the Constellation workforce productively working remotely
- Differentiated offerings, both in products and payment plans, developed in response to COVID-19
- How investments in technology utilizing sensors, machine learning, and data analytics has translated into actionable customer insights around energy usage
- Two factors that will support a continued market commitment to efficiency and renewable energy .
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the interviewees and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of KPMG LLP