As a board member with the vantage point from three diverse public companies: BP, AbbVie, National Oilwell Varco, as well as a trustee at Trinity University, Melody Meyer has a front row seat to COVID-19 response across an oil & gas company, a pharmaceutical company, an oilfield services provider, and a private university.
In conversation with Regina Mayor, KPMG’s Global and U.S. Head of Energy, Meyer highlights the way current conditions are impacting these different sectors and how boards are responding.
Topics discussed include:
- How past cataclysmic events—natural disasters, wildly fluctuating price cycles, geopolitical crises—have helped establish best practice remote standards
- Why advancing women and underrepresented, diverse talent enable competitive advantage
- How key partnerships, including those with shared economies and resources, lend resiliency in a time of crisis
- Whether enrichments gained as a result of global travel can be replaced in a virtual environment
- The importance of recognizing mental health challenges while working under isolating conditions.
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the interviewees and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of KPMG LLP