Noble Corporation started as a one rig operation in 1921 and is now one of the largest offshore drilling contractors in the world. Julie Robertson has broken ground during her 41 year career at Noble – including being named the first female CEO and the first female president of the International Association of Drilling Contractors.
Ms. Robertson sits down with Regina Mayor, KPMG’s Global Head of Energy, to share Noble’s recent story, discussing everything from the hurdles involved in getting employees returned from far-flung offshore rigs when flights were in pandemic lockdown, to the company’s newly announced financial restructuring.
Topics discussed include:
- The business impacts of decreased fossil fuel demand coupled with an increased oil supply
- The factors that drove restructuring and how the company plans to emerge
- Why company consolidation is due in the fragmented drilling sector– and the obstacles to that happening
- How operator and contract driller relationships could evolve for better partnerships
- Industry failures that remain to be corrected and lessons in authentic leadership.
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the interviewees and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of KPMG LLP