Many people around the world consider the oil price war between Russia and Saudi Arabia and the COVID-19 pandemic a double black swan event for the energy sector. And rightly so.
So, how is the situation impacting the offshore drilling industry? Are customers demanding immediate price cuts? To what extent are they requesting some relief from their providers? What will the long-term repercussions be?
During this podcast, Regina Mayor, KPMG’s Global and U.S. Head of Energy, sat down with Jeremy Thigpen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Transocean Ltd., to discuss:
- The unprecedented conditions in 2020
- How Transocean is protecting its workforce in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic
- How current events are affecting the energy services industry
- Current thoughts on climate change and decarbonization
- Actions operators and service providers can take to get through these uncertain times.
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the interviewees and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of KPMG LLP