Origin Energy is Australia's leading integrated energy company. The organization – which is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange – provides electricity, natural gas, and LPG to more than 4 million customers, and has made significant investments in generation, exploration, and renewable energy.
In a wide-ranging discussion, Regina Mayor, KPMG’s Global Head of Energy, first asked Frank Calabria, CEO and Managing Director of Origin, about how the company is navigating its people, its customers, and its assets amid two major challenges in the same year – the devastating Australian bush fires and the COVID-19 crisis, which hit right after.
Other topics they discussed include:
- Why energy companies need to focus on the customer, not the meter
- How the LNG market will evolve considering commodity pricing and current global supply and demand dynamics
- Why policy planning and the move through COVID-19 are going to drive more clean infrastructure build
- Origin’s investment in a strategic partnership with Octopus Energy and its Kraken platform
- In today’s increasingly digitally connected environment, why the most successful energy companies will be those that harness data and create trustworthy value for their customers.
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the interviewees and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of KPMG LLP