The Changing Landscape of Disruptive Technologies 2018 publication, Tech disruptors outpace the competition, examines the game-changing technologies like IoT, AI, robotics, and Blockchain that are enabling new business models and disrupting the way we live and work. This chapter also identifies the opportunities and challenges of marketing new technologies. Key insights include:
- Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), and robotics are the top technologies expected to have the greatest impact in driving business transformation over the next three years.
- E-commerce platforms are viewed as the most disruptive business model over the next three years.
- Thirty percent of tech industry leaders predict blockchain will disrupt their companies in the next three years.
- Restrictive regulatory policies was cited as the leading issue constraining technology innovation.
- Alibaba and Facebook were named by tech industry leaders as the top companies they worry about the most to disrupt their business.
- The top industries that will have the greatest disruption/transformation in the next three years are media, healthcare, transportation, and retail.
KPMG and The University of Michigan Ross School of Business have collaborated to create QuantumShift, an entrepreneur recognition/leadership program for leaders of private, high-growth companies.
Grow your business, your profile, and yourself. QuantumShift empowers entrepreneurs and transforms businesses.