Our virtual Goodwin + KPMG @ JPMorgan Symposium attracted the interest of over 900 people from the industry and over 400 attendees over the course of two days. We devoted this program to accelerated innovation in the life sciences industry that has been galvanized exponentially because of the global COVID-19 pandemic. Topics covered at this event included:
- What will 2021 and beyond look like in this new reality?
- Looking forward, how is accelerated innovation in the industry a silver lining?
- Who and what are the catalysts for change, and why?
- What is the future of deal making and how will deals get done?
Our Life Sciences and Healthcare teams attended the presentations at the virtual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference in January and provided a first-hand report to attendees of our 2nd Annual Goodwin + KPMG @ JPMorgan Symposium.
We welcomed Noubar Afeyan, Chairman and Co-Founder of Moderna and Founder and CEO of Flagship Pioneering, as well as Carl Hansen, CEO and Tryn Stimart, Chief Legal Officer of AbCellera, who participated in fireside chats during our Symposium, as well as industry leaders, investors and investment bankers from Altimmune, Parexel Biotech, TrialSpark, Weill Cornell Medicine, Sesame Health, Novartis, Flare Capital Partners, Fountain Healthcare Partners, and Lazard who participated in the panel discussions.
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Day 1: The COVID catalyst
We kicked off the Symposium with industry luminary, Noubar Afeyan, Chairman and Co-Founder of Moderna, which attracted a record 260 viewers. We continued the day with three industry-focused panels, starting with a panel on how COVID-19 boosted innovation across the continuum whether it be devices, therapeutics, diagnostics, supply chain, or the dissemination of needed products and services on a worldwide scale. The second panel addressed how digital health came into the spotlight in 2020 as a result of increased demand for virtual health. We closed the first day with a panel that discussed how the 2020 SPACs revolution will impact the IPO Market for 2021 and beyond.
- Fireside chat with Noubar Afeyan, Chairman and Co-Founder of Moderna and Founder and CEO of Flagship Pioneering
- The COVID catalyst: Driving innovation mainstream
- COVID gives digital health a shot in the arm
- How the 2020 SPACs Revolution will impact the IPO market for 2021 and beyond
Fireside chat with Noubar Afeyan, Chairman and Co-Founder of Moderna and Founder and CEO of Flagship Pioneering
Hear from industry luminary, Noubar Afeyan, Chairman and Co-Founder of Moderna
Thursday, January 28, 2021
Day 2: COVID effects on the Life Sciences industry
We kicked off the second day with an overview of the effects of the pandemic on the biopharma market by Dale Raine, Managing Director and Co-Head of European Healthcare Investment Banking at Lazard, followed by a panel discussing the global life sciences outlook, partnerships and M&A opportunities, and whether Europe will continue to be a focus for 2021 and beyond. We wrapped up our Symposium by sitting down for a fireside chat with the CEO of AbCellera, Carl Hansen and their Chief Legal Officer, Tryn Stimart, discussing drug discovery and the accelerated adoption of AI and machine learning in our new reality, and their path to one of the largest IPOs in biotech history.
- What innovation in the Biopharma market will look like in the Post-COVID era
- Global Life Sciences Outlook 2021
- Fireside chat with Carl Hansen, CEO and Tryn Stimart, CLO of AbCellera: Drug Discovery and Accelerated Adoption of AI and Machine Learning in our New Reality