In the wake of the events that defined 2020 and having to navigate unprecedented disruptions to instruction and other core operations, trustees and senior administrators must now chart paths forward in a landscape forever altered by the pandemic.
Within the document, we’ve highlighted several areas to keep in mind as audit committees consider and carry out their 2021 agendas, including the following topics:
- Take a fresh look at the audit committee’s agenda and workload
- Maintain the focus on cybersecurity and data privacy
- Harness ERM to better anticipate and manage risk
- Monitor continuing impacts of COVID-19 and other emerging matters
- Help ensure that internal audit remains focused on the most critical risks.