In the wake of the events that defined 2020 and having to navigate unprecedented disruptions that have impacted philanthropic efforts and core operating activities, boards and audit committees must now chart paths forward in a landscape forever altered by the pandemic.
Within the document, we’ve highlighted several areas to keep in mind as you consider and carry out your 2021 agendas, including the following:
- Take a fresh look at the audit committee’s agenda and workload
- Maintain the focus on cybersecurity and data privacy
- Harness enterprise risk management (ERM) to better anticipate and manage risk
- Monitor continuing impacts of COVID-19 and other emerging matters
- Help ensure that internal audit remains focused on the most critical risks