Data is the new currency. And governments have a wealth of it. The challenge is extracting the value from that data to help agencies better carry out their missions. It’s not easy. In addition to the sheer amount of information, data comes in different forms: numeric, unstructured, structured, voice, and text. And in today’s quick-paced environment, leaders need information fast.
We call these challenges the “3Vs”—the volume, variety, and velocity of data.
Advanced Analytics can help leaders gain insights by unlocking the value of data, enabling them to make better and faster decisions.
How KPMG can help
KPMG’s services focus on the latest data science and computing techniques to help agencies address their specific needs. Our dedication to precision and quality continues to result in trusted analytic services that help agencies increase efficiencies, reduce cost, and manage risk.
But technology is only part of the solution. KPMG’s data scientists, drawn from global tech companies, have experience across the many data-related capabilities required for Advanced Analytics. We combine that experience with our unique history of serving the federal government and our knowledge of agency operations.
- Cyber analytics
- Risk analytics
- Business analytics
- Machine learning
- Natural language processing
- Computer vision and voice analytics
- Optimization and scheduling
- Forecasting, budgeting and planning
Common applications of advanced analytics
Advanced Analytics provides agencies with these applications in the areas of risk, efficiency, strategy, and citizen experience.
- Data governance, management, and integrity
- Risk prediction/ detection
- Process cost rationalization
- People cost rationalization
- Systems cost rationalization
- Operating performance
- Business or process transformation
- Digital enablement
- Citizen centric business transformation
- Segmentation, cluster analysis, and predictive modeling