1. What is CPE?
Most U.S. states require continuing professional education (CPE) for certified public accountants (CPAs) to maintain active licenses. The National Association of State Boards of Accountancy's (NASBA's) Regulatory Compliance Services division offers several programs that assist state boards and their licensees by determining high-quality CPE providers. The National Registry of CPE Sponsors (Registry) lists organizations that provide high-quality CPE in accordance with nationally recognized standards. KPMG LLP is registered with NASBA as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credits.
2. What are the requirements to be eligible for CPE credit?
3. Do I need to complete the exit survey to receive CPE credit?
While responding to the exit survey is not a requirement to receive CPE credit, we greatly appreciate your feedback and encourage you to do so.
4. When/How will I get my CPE certificate?
You will receive a notification at the email address you used to join the session once CPE processing is complete.
5. Can multiple participants sign onto one computer?
No, multiple participants cannot sign onto one computer. Each participant must be individually logged into the session via their own computer in order to receive CPE credit.
6. I was not pre-registered for the event. Do I still qualify for CPE?
Participants do not need to pre-register, but all participants must attend the event individually to qualify for CPE credit.
7. Can I qualify for CPE credit if I am from the United States but will be watching from outside the United States?
Yes, when logging into the event, simply provide a valid email address to which we can send your certificate.
8. Can I receive a copy of the presentation materials?
Presentation materials can be accessed directly within the webcast player using the Handouts tab. Availability of materials will vary from webcast to webcast.
9. What do I do if I experience technical issues?
Please submit a question through the Questions and Answer box, and you will receive a reply from our technical staff shortly.
10. Why did I not qualify for CPE credits?
If you did not qualify for CPE credits it is because either you were not logged in for the required duration, or you did not respond to the required number of polling questions.
11. Do you offer CLE credits?
KPMG is not a CLE sponsor, so we are unable to issue CLE credits for our courses. KPMG is only approved to issue CPE credits.
12. Is KPMG an IRS Approved CE Provider?
KPMG is an approved IRS CE provider, but only some of our internal courses are IRS approved. None of our external courses qualify as IRS approved courses for EA credit.